Great Exercises That Require No Equipment
November 19, 2019
Sometimes making a trip to the gym just isn't possible. Fortunately, there are exercises that you can do at home or on-the-go that don't require any equipment. The following list includes exercise that work upper body, lower body, and core:
- Push-ups. Push-ups are a timeless and very effective exercise. They work the chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, and core. To get the most out of them, do push-up variations. Alternate between wide-grip, close-grip, standard, and diamond. You can get a great upper body workout just using push-ups.
- Squats. Squats are the go-to exercise for improving the lower body. While squats are often done with a barbell and weights, they can be effective with only the weight of your body. Make them more effective by doing variations. Try squat jumps, pauses at the bottom, and slow squats.
- Lunges. Lunges are another great lower body exercise. They work many different muscle groups in the legs. You can perform lunges in one place based on repetitions or you can lunge for a certain distance.
- Burpees. Burpees are an amazing total body exercise. Burpees work the upper body, lower body, and core. They also are a good form of cardio. If you're looking for the exercise that achieves the most in the shortest amount of time, look no further than the burpee.
- Crunches. Crunches are a solid core exercise. They require no one or nothing to hold your feet like sit-ups do. Crunches really work the abdominal muscles. For maximum effectiveness, do some variations like star crunches or bicycle crunches.